Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2009

MIssing my babies...

Well, I seem to be emerging from one heck of a stomach virus. I don't even know where I got it! Of course, I work in an elementary school. but I haven't heard much about one going around. Anyway - tomorrow is career day so I was more than upset about missing today. Today was the day to prep the kids one last time. I will be so glad when tomorrow is over. I keep having these thoughts that it is all going to go terrible wrong.

And since I have been sick, of course the kids have to stay away. Ansley somewhat understands but Stephen doesn't get it at all. All he knows is that Mommy is in her bedroom and he can't come to me. Breaks my heart. Thankfully Jamey and his family have done a great job distracting them and taking them to and from school, but my life - my real job - is taking care of them and I am sad that I can't do it right now. My desire to keep them germ free is just barely outweighing my desire to put both of them in the bed with me and snuggle up while watching cartoons. I don't even know what they wore to school today! And it bothers me! I know I should feel blessed that I have family to help, and of course I am. My mom came over this morning and helped me immensely, but I miss my babies. More than I can say.

2 comments:

MBH said...

I know how you feel....Christmas Eve when I had my virus and ended up in the ER at 3 am was not fun. I slept or threw up the entire day. I didn't even get to be there for Peyton's first Christmas and I missed dinner with the family. Poor mom had to come over and get Peyton so Erich could take me to the hospital and then stayed home Christmas day and took care of me. Like you, I have no clue where I got it.

Ellis said...

I'm sorry you've been sick! There is tons of stuff going around- I stayed home sick yesterday, but am back at work today. Hope you get back to 100% soon!